Thursday, September 17, 2009

This may be the weirdest question I ever ask you…

Have you ever wanted to smell like Cthulhu? I didn’t think so. In fact, ever since I read The Call of Cthulhu in college I’ve woken up in a cold sweat several times hoping I never find out what the monster smells like let alone hoping I never get close enough to have its musky, manly scent left on me.

BUT…. if you are not like me, you can now smell like the indescribable horror from beyond thanks to the good people at Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.

As part of their “A Picnic in Arkham” collection, the Black Phoenix people have culled together a number of fragrances inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft and his crazy ass mind.

eBay Antiques - Cthulhu

That’s right boys and girls, it’s a “creeping, wet, slithering scent, dripping with seaweed, oceanic plants and dark unfathomable waters.”

Now Black Phoenix has a variety of scents from the weird annals of fiction and mysticism but the one that actually attracted me was the Hellboy Collection. Hellboy smells like “aftershave, candy wrappers, brimstone and cat”? Hell yes I want to smell like that!! The only problem I have with it is I don’t think anyone wants to smell like Abe Sapien… dude eats rotten eggs. That’s all I’m sayin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment