Thursday, September 17, 2009

I like Hello Kitty Island Adventure a lot more than this…

Ok, this is a couple years old but I just found it so I’m going pretend it’s brand new. Now, every fan of World of Warcraft has probably seen the South Park episode by now entitled “Make Love, Not Warcraft” in which the boys team up on the plains of Azeroth to defeat some nerd that has spent so much time playing WoW he now just goes around killing players and admins alike.

Enter Butters, the lovable rascal who desperately needs a hug from a stable parental figure. It turns out he doesn’t play WoW. Check out the clip at the 1:06 mark to see what I mean (but watch the whole thing if you want to see a good dig at the French).

Well, Hello Kitty Island Adventure does not really exist but when the episode first aired, it became a joke amongst my friends for when one of us didn’t like playing a certain video game and the rest did. They would be taunted with “go play Hello Kitty Island Adventure!” and then an insult that insinuated they were gay.

Well I was watching the episode recently now that Spence has finally talked me into playing WoW and I decided to punch Hello Kitty Island Adventure into Google and see what comes out and what do I find? Well WoW Interface has a download available to give you a Hello Kitty interface for the game!

pvw9261

While I will not be downloading it ever I’m sure someone wants this. At least one person wanted it because they took the time to program it. So now my friends and I can call each other gay while still playing WoW.

Technorati Tags: ,,

2 comments:

  1. there are 13,524 download of that mod. That's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a Hello Kitty MMO though!

    ReplyDelete