Tuesday, April 27, 2010

CBS Could Use A Little Work In The Scheduling Department

How I Met Your Mother, at least to me, is the only reason to watch CBS apart from sports. It's consistently funny, has a ton of original humor and jokes, and also has four new episodes left for the end of the season.

Since January, showing new episodes has been sparse. While I understand the Olympics put a crimp in everyone's TV schedules, this year CBS has only shown 9 new episodes of the current season. When you factor in that there's been 17 weeks since the new year, something doesn't seem right.


This is how CBS makes decisions.


They've been hammering in reruns like nobody's business, which for a lot of fans of the show, is making every new episode feel lackluster or not as good as it could be. As someone who watched the whole series in one huge chunk, it flows together from episode to episode nicely, so having a constant break every other week in the schedule interferes with that.

There's also been concerns that not too many episodes focused on the overarching plot. Robin's relationship with Don is barely touched upon, and only 2 episodes this year have been about Ted's future. The whole season's been great, but just because you keep getting picked up for new seasons doesn't mean you have to drag it out.

I guess in the end, I'm not going to complain if CBS wants to show Slapsgiving 2 again like they did last night. But at the same time, I have DVDs I can watch if I want to do that, and I don't want to be left hanging. Maybe I should watch House when I know this is going to happen.

Thankfully, starting next week, CBS will air the remaining 4 episodes of the season for the month of May.

4 comments:

  1. Definitely agree with you there. This season has really got lost in the shuffle for me. I liked it better when I was catching up. I would say the house episode was the best of the season though.

    I would rather they do fewer good seasons, than another season like this one.

    I mean why can't they just have him meet the mom and have a season about them dating or maybe getting together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. They don't need to end the show when Ted meets his wife. Hell, you could pull a Coupling (UK) and have the show end when Ted's first kid is born even.

    Have you seen Ted's daughter? She's looking a bit too old lately to play a kid. Chop chop, let's push this along a little more than a couple episodes a season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when do they explain how ted turns into bob saget

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably when they explain how Ted's managed to keep his kids locked up in the house listening to this story long enough for them to age 6 years

    ReplyDelete