Thursday, June 3, 2010

ThunderCats! HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Usually I am not excited about old movies or TV shows being updated and refreshed, but I found myself excited by this news from the Gizmodo via the Hollywood Reporter, that Thudercats is going to be coming back on Cartoon Network. Check out the link to Gizmodo and Hollywood Reporter

I remember liking the original ThunderCats when I was little. I used to pretend to be Tygra with my magic whip that made me invisible. I would wake up early to try to watch it, but for some reason i could never consistently watch it. i would just see random episodes here and there with little cohesion in what i was watching. Now i get another chance as an adult in indulge my inner child on these characters again. I have two fears however about this remake
1) Snarf - man that guy was annoying
2) it will shatter the good memories i have of ThunderCats from my childhood, cause it will suck.

I am happy to see its being made by the studio that made the Animatrix cause i dug that, and i also like Anime so maybe it will be awesome! I will definitely be setting my DRV to record this when it comes out!

I do hope though that they can come up with some new ideas rather than just digging up these old shows. Its fun sometimes but come on we need something new!

1 comment:

  1. After the He-Man remake, I have considerably more hope for this one. He-Man has aged just as poorly as ThunderCats, but the people in charge of the remake managed to make it awesome, even without ditching the goofier characters and names.

    ReplyDelete