Monday, November 9, 2009

Yeah that's great, you just killed three people

By now, you've all seen the trailers for that flick "The Box". In the event you haven't, here's the setup. James Marsden and Cameron Diaz are a happily married NASA technician and school teacher who are going broke for some reason. One day, they are visited by a gentleman who drank acid or something and brings them a mysterious box containing nothing but a button. He then makes them an offer, push the button and you get $1 million but someone in the world you don't know will die. Check out the trailer. (sorry about the asinine intro, it's the only trailer I could find to embed.)

While there are some good aspects of Sci-fi, horror, conspiracy and I'm going to say aliens, I'm not super excited to see it. However, after seeing that trailer over and over on TV, I laughed my ass off when I saw this little gem on Funny or Die.


That's what I always thought should happen whenever people in movies and on TV are presented with a moral dilemma. Imagine how much easier it would have been if the castaways on Lost just shot Ben Linus the first time he double crossed someone? How awesome would it have been if the Joker said "you'll never kill me because of some misplaced sense of self righteousness..." and Batman said "Fuck this" and dropped him? What if Luke, sans-hand on Cloud City said "oh sure Dad, I'll join the dark side with you, just help me up" Then he force pulled Vader's lightsaber off him and cut him in half?

2 comments:

  1. I also love when the movie house "declines to screen" the film with critics. Worst PR move ever. Why don't you just let some little ass-kissing blogs review it instead of the mainstream media so you get a lot of hype for your crap-tacular movie? Then you get trashed the following week. Oh wait, wasn't that done recently by Paramount with Transformrs:Revenge of the Fallen and GI Joe: Rise of Cobra?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that critics are right by any means - especially not the idiots at EW - I'm just saying that it sucks so bad, you refuse to show it to critics.

    ReplyDelete